← Click here to return to Blog Back to Blog
5 Amazing Facts About Coral Reefs
August 11, 2017
- Known as “rainforests of the sea,” coral reefs cover less than 1% of the ocean but are home to almost 25% of all known marine species!
- Corals are in fact animals, not plants.
- Coral reefs are the largest structures on earth of biological origin.
- Coral reefs are naturally colorful because of algae, which lives inside of the coral, providing them with food.
- The three main types of coral reefs are fringing reefs, barrier reefs, and coral atolls.
Unfortunately, 25% of coral reefs are irrevocably damaged. Destructive fishing practices, coral mining, and climate change are some of the reasons behind their plight. Join Reef Conservation International in our fight to protect and preserve the Belize Barrier Reef!
Click here to call USA Phone: (513) 334-9393 USA Phone: (513) 334-9393 Click here to send WhatsApp message WhatsApp: +1 513 334 9393 WhatsApp: +1 513 334 9393 Click here to email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to view location Placencia, Belize